Dell EMC recently launched its newest Integrated Data Protection Appliance (IDPA), the Dell EMC IDPA DP4400, providing simple and powerful converged data protection to help mid-size organizations transform IT while combatting data sprawl and complexity.
In India, comprehensive data protection has been a challenge for mid-size organizations. Enterprise-class products come with higher cost and complexity while lower cost products, that have traditionally targeted these organizations, sacrifice performance, efficiency and application support. Dell EMC built the IDPA DP4400 from the ground up as a simple, yet powerful, solution for mid-size organizations—featuring enterprise-class capabilities for backup, deduplication, replication and recovery. IDPA DP4400 also offers built-in cloud readiness features with disaster recovery and long-term data retention to the cloud.
“With the launch of IDPA DP4400, now a large number of mid-size organizations in India will have access to a comprehensive data protection solution. This solution offers many benefits such as complete data protection in a single appliance, protection storage and server, protection software, IDPA System Manager, search, reporting and analytics as well as advanced application integration, at the lowest cost,” said Ripu Bajwa, Director & General Manager -Data Protection Solutions, India, Dell EMC.
Simple and Powerful
The IDPA DP4400 blends simplicity and performance for mid-size organizations and remote office-branch office (ROBO) environments. The solution is designed to provide organizations the lowest cost to protect and is guaranteed under the Dell EMC Future-Proof Loyalty program.It is a converged data protection appliance in a dense 2U platform powered by Dell EMC PowerEdge 14th generation servers. Key features include:
- Customer-installable and easy-to-use HTML5 user interface: Makes IDPA DP4400 ideal for deployment and management in mid-sized organizations and ROBO locations.
- Grows in place with no downtime: A single 24TB appliance can grow in place to 96TB with a license key and no additional hardware to purchase.
- Protect more data with 55:1 average deduplication: IDPA DP4400 can protect approximately 5PB of usable data capacity. And, with native Cloud Tier for long-term retention, the total protected usable capacity increases to 14.4 PB.
- Supports largest application ecosystem : Includes support for modern applications such as MySQL and MongoDB, both physical and virtual, and support for multiple hypervisors (VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Delivers powerful performance with NVMe flash: Shortens backup windows by up to 2x ; backs up only deduplicated data requiring up to 98% less bandwidth ; and supports 7x more backup streams while delivering instant access and restore of virtual machines to help meet stringent SLAs and RPOs.
- Cloud-ready solution: IDPA DP4400 comes with 5TB licenses each for Cloud Disaster Recovery and Cloud Tier as well as a Dell EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines starter pack that provides five VMs and a one-year subscription.
Phil Goodwin, Research Director, Storage Systems and Software, IDC said, “Organizations today, especially mid-size organizations, are faced with increased complexity— relentless data growth, application diversity, increased numbers of users, and resource constraints—driving the need for solutions to meet these challenges with existing staff. However, users do not want to trade off simplicity for performance or capabilities. With the IDPA DP4400, Dell EMC is targeting a large swath of enterprises in that middle tier that want an all-in-one solution that is affordable, easy-to-use and has the modern data protection features they require to ensure their data is safe and their business can quickly recover in case disaster strikes.”