11 Promising Enterprise Social Networks
As the demand for enterprise collaboration continues to grow, more businesses are looking to internal social networks to manage workflow, foster collaboration and improve innovation.
1. Clarizen Summary: Collaborative project management software designed to manage everything in a single environment. Customers: NBC Universal, Southern States, Frito Lay. Pricing: Starting at $25/user per month.
2. Clearvale Summary: A cloud-based social enterprise platform built to enable businesses to create a network of networks to disseminate knowledge and innovate. Customers: Aeroxchange, QuickLogic, Synaptics. Pricing: Freemium; for enterprise pricing contact Clearvale.
3. Igloo Summary: Social business software designed to support intranet and extranet collaboration. Customers: ATP World Tour, BlackBerry, Manufacturing Innovation Network. Pricing: Starts at $4/user per month.
4. Jive Summary: Designed to combine social networking, collaboration software, community software and social media monitoring for the enterprise. Customers: Alcatel-Lucent, EMC, Hitachi Data Systems. Pricing: Starts at $59/user per month.
5. Liferay Summary: Open source enterprise solutions for portals, publishing, content and collaboration. Customers: Sesame Street, Societe Generale, AutoZone. Pricing: For inquiries, contact Liferay.
6. Mzinga Enterprise-class, social business software suite built to help organizations create, design and manage social and knowledge-sharing experiences. Customers: The Child Health Corporation of America, Gilbane, Guardian Life Insurance Company of America. Pricing:contact Mzinga.
7. SharePoint Summary: A Microsoft platform to build websites, share information, manage documents and publish reports. Customers: USDA, Conservation International, Accenture. Pricing: For inquiries, contact Microsoft.
8. Socialcast Summary: An enterprise collaboration platform designed to bring together people, data and applications in real-time. Customers: Philips, Guitar Center, NASA. Pricing: SaaS pricing: $60/user per year; cloud and on-premise pricing based on deployment size.
9. Socialtext Enterprise social software bulit to help organizations transform internal collaborative communication processes. Customers: Walgreens, Blue Man Group, Getty Images Pricing: $5,000/year for 50 employees in hosted model; on-premise starts at $15,000/year.
10. Telligent Summary: Social community software designed for building collaborative employee-facing communities in the workplace. Customers: Cadbury, Addidas, Reader's Digest. Pricing: For inquiries, contact Telligent.
11. Yammer Summary: Built to allow users to share and connect with coworkers or external business contacts in a secure environment. Customers: Deloitte, Ford, Pepperdine University. Pricing: Freemium; paid starts at $5/user per month.